Ellensburg Farmers Market
Located in beautiful, historic downtown Ellensburg
Saturdays, 9AM – 1PM May – Oct. on 4th Street
It feels like it’s been a long winter here in Central Washington but over the past few weeks, we have had some glimpses that Spring has finally begun to arrive. The sun is thawing out our trails, local folks are beginning to think about patio weather, and all of our cabin fevers are slowly fading as sunny days become more and more common. Ellensburg comes alive in the warmer months and nothing quite kicks off our spring, officially, like the Ellensburg Farmers Market. That’s right, it’s almost here! We are a bunny hop and a weekend skip away from opening day!
May 6th, 2023 brings back the annual Ellensburg Farmers Market, this year expecting over 50+ vendors. From the first Saturday in May until the last Saturday in October, The Ellensburg Farmers Market serves the Ellensburg and Cle Elum communities, as well as our neighbors, and tourists from surrounding areas. The market hours are Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. In later months, as our weather continues to warm, farmers, artists, and other various vendors are expected to join. The market has been known for years for farm-fresh local produce, uniquely crafted products, artists both food and musicians alike, as well as plenty of local tastes and treats.
Long-time vendors like Purity Soapworks are returning by popular demand. Purity Soapworks make small batches of natural soaps, lotions, and other herbal products that are hand-poured, hand-cut, cured for six weeks, hand-wrapped, and hand-labeled.
One of the new vendors, Iron Goat Works, crafts decorative, hand-carved pieces as well as functional wood workings. At his vendor booth, you’ll find pieces ranging from English Walnut Knives and serving sets, to beautiful sculptures.
Ellensburg Farmers Market is maneuvering back to its original social setting where people catch up on the latest news, grab a bite, and visitors can come enjoy some of the best products in the Pacific Northwest. While you’re downtown, many also make a point to experience visiting local museums, art galleries, antique stores, jewelry stores, and locally owned unique clothing and gift stores.
Folks flock to historic downtown Ellensburg by the droves. Some are there to support the farmers and the agri-business; others drop by to grab some fresh vegetables or fruit and unique items available on the weekend.
Experience more than just a Farmer’s Market.
The experience of Ellensburg, Washington includes museums, art galleries, many locally owned unique clothing and gift stores, and fine restaurants all located in historic buildings. Brick sidewalks, vintage lighting and signage, plenty of free parking, and beautiful parks and playgrounds set the ambiance of Ellensburg. Check out our local restaurants and unique experiences here to continue your stay!
Tips for thr Ellensburg Farmers Market.
- Show Up Early. If you want to avoid crowds and have the best selections of vegetables, fruits and products, it’s recommended to show up right when the market starts.
- Bring Your Own Bag. Bring a big bag to store all your produce and goods. It saves on plastic and helps the environment.
- Know what’s in season. Being knowledgeable about what’s in season helps you know what the freshest produce is.
- Get to know your farmer. A lot of our farmers at the market are very knowledgeable about their products. It’s a great way to be educated on how our produce and products are grown and then sold.
The Ellensburg Farmers Market is proud to offer a variety of produce, crafted artisanal pieces, and goods and holds a high standard for vendors and their products.
Participation in the Ellensburg Farmers Market is based on a priority of products in the following order:
- Fresh Farm products
- Value-added farm products
- Processed foods – with preference given to vendors using ingredients from local farms (or if not available locally, from Washington State).
- Prepared foods- with preference given to vendors using ingredients from local farms (or if not available locally, from Washington State).
- Artisans/Crafters -with preference given to vendors using ingredients from local farms (or if not available locally, from Washington State).
- The need for a specific product and your ability to produce it.
There is no place to be in Central Washington on a Saturday morning than in Ellensburg. The farmer’s market is an annual staple for locals and tourists. Whether it’s your first time or your 20th, the Ellensburg Farmers Market offers new and unique experiences every time. While you’re here, check out our event calendar to see what is happening around town! Click here for more Ellensburg Events!